The Best Way To Deal With Rodents In Your Katy Home
December 15, 2020
Katy, TX is incredible for suburban living and raising a family. Museums, lakes, and parks all make for great outdoor getaways with the kids. Unfortunately, many pests love this city as much as humans do, including rodents. Mice and rats are common home-invading rodents in the area. Typically, if you have a rodent problem, you will have either mice or rats, almost never both. Whether you have mice or rats taking residence on your property, they can both cause a number of issues. Just how dangerous are rodents for your Katy home?
How Dangerous Are Rodents For Your Katy Home?
While some rodents, such as mice, may look small and cute, they can cause big problems. Rats and mice invade vulnerable homes, seeking bare necessities like safe shelter, food, and water. As they take shelter in your home, rats and mice are liable to bring trouble with them:
- Rodents chew through walls. If you have any holes in your walls about the size of a dime, mice and rats will use these to get into your home. They will keep gnawing more holes through your walls, making it easier for other rodents and pests to get in.
- Rodents love chewing on just about anything, including the foundations of your home. If you’re unlucky enough to have mice or rats chewing on your wiring, this could start an electrical fire.
- Mice and rats bring diseases with them. Their droppings and saliva can contaminate your food, leading to harmful illnesses for you and your family. Hantavirus, salmonellosis, and the bubonic plague are among the serious threats they pose.
Signs You Have A Rodent Problem In Your Katy Home
- Bite and gnaw marks on your walls, wiring, and other materials. Rats can also chew through lead pipes to access water.
- Droppings throughout your property. These are often small and dark, with either blunt or pointed ends depending on the specific rodent. You may also smell their urine if there are a lot of rodents in your home, particularly house mice.
- Damaged food products. Rodents have no problem rummaging through your food stocks to feed themselves.
- Any exposed food near your floors, such as pet food, are at risk.
- Footprints and oil marks along your floors. Rodents leave behind prints and marks from their oily fur as they travel through your property.
- If you suspect you have a rodent problem, call the experts at Pro Pest for assistance.
Keep Rodents Out Of Your Katy Home With Assistance From Pro Pest
Many homeowners choose to handle rodent infestations on their own, but this isn’t the best solution. Dealing with rodents yourself is less than effective and possibly dangerous. You could expose yourself to the diseases rodents bring. Or you may only get rid of one or two rodents, not knowing that there are more mice or rats hanging out elsewhere in your home. It’s also crucial to stop the problem at the source—just getting rid of current rodents is only a short-term solution.
The safest and most effective way to get rid of rodents is to contact the professionals at Pro Pest. We can identify where the rodents are coming from, free your property from any mice and rats, and keep them from coming back. Give us a call to learn more about our rodent control options to help keep you and your family safe.